Location: Irvine, CA
Summary/Contribution of Position
We are seeking highly-motivated and proactive individuals to join our R&D team as a Research Associate. Working side by side with some of the most talented people in biotechnology, the successful applicant will participate in independent product research efforts targeted at driving either the development of novel, cutting-edge technology or improvements to products currently in our portfolio.
The incumbent will have demonstrated clear leadership potential with ability to efficiently multi-task and manage a scientific research project, starting from the initial idea through to completion and publication in a peer-reviewed journal. The successful candidate will also be a quick learner, have strong interest in science, and be passionate about a career in research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in experimental design.
- Conduct complex, high-level scientific research activities.
- Interface with Principal Investigator to analyze experiments.
- Optimize experimental procedures.
- Read scientific literature pertaining to project and apply relevant findings to research project.
- Maintain laboratory notebook as an up-to-date detailed log of experiments and ongoing research efforts.
- Develop and write project protocols and methodology for developed research components.
- Technical support for incoming customer inquiries.
- Light manufacturing duties may include assembly of buffers for ZRC kits, aliquoting reagents, and performing quality control tests for our kits and products.
- Contribute and edit scientific content for newsletters, marketing efforts, and other related material.
Education and Experience
- An MS degree or a BS with a minimum of two years of post-graduate laboratory experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Experience performing molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, cloning, restriction digests, gel electrophoresis, nucleic acid purification etc.
- A proven track record of designing, executing, analyzing, and troubleshooting laboratory experiments.
- A solid understanding of primer design, qPCR, and RT-PCR.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in using next-gen sequencing platform.
- Experience using programs such as BLAST and UCSC Genome Browser.
This position is open to those currently residing in and authorized to work in the USA.